I made this the other night and I swear to god that I haven’t shut up about it since. It is so easy, so delicious and so definitely worth making. You can customize it in just about any way you want, and it still comes out absolutely glorious. I literally sang praises to my cup of hot chocolate. My family thinks I am insane.
This recipe only takes five minutes to make, and depending on your mug size and your willingness to risk a lactose hangover, it makes just enough for one, so it’s easily double-up-able if you want to share your chocolately heavenly goodness with another person.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3-4 Tbsp. nutella, depending on how chocolatey you like it
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
An optional choice is to do what I did and chuck in a mini-size bar of your favorite chocolate!
Here’s what you do:
- Place a 1/2 cup of milk and the nutella in a small pot over medium heat and whisk until it’s all mixed up.
- Add your vanilla (I am always extra generous with this stuff because I adore it).
- Add the rest of milk, turn the heat up slightly and whisk constantly until warmed through. This is the step where I put in my chocolate bar
- Pour into mug and top with your choice of delicious toppings!
Jacquelyn suggests topping with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and chocolate shavings, but a sprinkle of cinnamon would also be delicious!
You can find Jacquelyn at her blog, and also on social media. She has pinterest, facebook, instagram, twitter, bloglovin, and google+! You should also check out her interior design portfolio, she has some stunning work.
What’s your favorite hot drink? Are you a Nutella person, and if so, have you been to that Nutella store/heaven place?? Give me some love in the comments below!